Introduction The AMS quotation functionality is an optional add-in module to the main program. The…
By implementing electronic authorisations in AMSlll, AVDEX is adopting methods according to ECTA for a Standard Electronic Signature (SES). SES signatures are now widely accepted. Electronic signatures adhere to the Electronic Communication and Transaction Act (ECTA) of South Africa as instituted in 2002.
FAA Advisory Circular 120-78A states that an eSignature is valid in the following conditions:
- A person (the signer) must use an acceptable electronic form of signature.
- The signature must be unique to the signatory.
- There must be a means to identify and authenticate a particular person as the signer.
- The electronic form of signature must be executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the electronic record to indicate a person’s approval or affirmation of the information contained in the electronic record.
- The electronic form of signature must be attached to or associated with the electronic record being signed.
- The signature must be permanent and the information to which it is attached must be unalterable without a new signature.
- There must be a means to preserve the integrity of the signed record.
- A valid electronic signature must prevent the signatory from denying that he or she affixed a signature to a specific record, document, or body of data (non-repudiation).
TC Advisory Circular AC 571-006 states that an electronic signature may be in the following forms:
- Digital image of a paper signature.
- Typed notation.
- Electronic code.
- Equivalent security designator for individual identification that can be used as a means of authenticating the individual signing the electronic document.
AVDEX SES Signature achieves this intent by:
- Restricting the affixing of SES Signatures to the individual login to AMSlll of users by username and unique password.
- Identifying AMSlll users by Name, Login detail, AME licence No and unique database ID.
- Login name and database ID may not be duplicated.
- Login name and database ID may never be deleted from the AMSlll database.
- Access to user passwords is not accessible to anyone, including application developers.
- Enforcing the intent of affixing SES Signatures by selecting of specific buttons.
- Direct link of the SES Signature to the electronic record
- Once the SES Signature is affixed, the associated record is locked.
- Only the original SES Signature user may un-attach the signature, which action is recorded in the AMSlll audit trail.
- Reports requiring display of the certifying person display the identity of the user.
FAA Advisory Circular 120-78A, ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, ELECTRONIC RECORDKEEPING, AND ELECTRONIC MANUAL.
CASA Australia Advisory Circular AC11-3(1), ELECTRONICALLY FORMATTED CERTIFICATIONS, RECORDS AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
CAA New Zealand Advisory Circular AC00-6, ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, ELECTRONIC RECORD KEEPING AND ELECTRONIC MANUALS.
TC AC 571-006, ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES AND ELECTRONIC EXCHANGE OF THE AUTHORIZED RELEASE CERTIFICATE – FORM ONE.
RSA ACT No. 25 of 2002: ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT, 2002.